Saturday, January 26, 2013

Tough day...

This weekend is going to be a tough weekend.

I was scheduled to do a four to five mile run today, but I just couldn't get that far today. My right inner thigh muscles started feeling pain, and not in a good way, and as well I started developing a blister on my right foot. I'm not sure where the blister is coming from and that makes me nervous. However, I did wear a different pair of shoes down to Irvine and I'm wondering if my feet changed positions or gait and that caused it? I did at least get in three miles though, so in the grand scheme of things I made forward progress. That was on top of doing 45 minutes of interval elliptical and lifting weights on my legs for around 30-45 minutes or so.

Tomorrow is a indoor cycling class with my coach on the Computrainer. I suspect there will be zero energy left in my legs when she's through with me.

So what do I take away from a day in which I didn't live up to my goals?

I think I should be proud of the fact that I did still do a lot today even if I didn't hit my target.
I think I should be cognizant of the fact that I recognized I was going to hurt myself and be down for longer if I didn't stop. I do just have to work on the little bird in the back of my head that tells me that I shouldn't have stopped and I'm a wuss for doing so.

Today probably wasn't a step back, but it might not have been the full step forward. I need to be OK with days like today.

Anyone out there have suggestions on how they deal with things like this?

On the bright side, I'm getting to break in my new bike for the first time... and hopefully not embarrass myself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment