Friday, February 1, 2013

An important milestone!

The rest of the week seems to have come back into shape for me. I had a bit of a rough couple of days at the beginning of the week in terms of being able to get my training in and keeping to the plan. 

Stay on target ... stay on target ...

Let's tick off the big milestones coming up in the next few days ...

Going for the longest walk/run I have done yet (6 miles). That seems like a long ways considering where I was just 6 months ago. Yet, it's only half of the distance I have to cover in my 1/2 IM race. But it's progress! I'm also picking up the pace on how much on run versus how much I walk.

We're about to change the most significant digit in my weight. Yay! Now, I still have a ways to go on this too, but just seeing that number drop by one is a huge thing to me. I got on the scale this morning, and I've crossed that threshold, but my "official" weigh-in day is on Monday, so we'll see where I'm at on that day - but unless I go on a binge over the weekend, so I'm confident.

I'm also coming up on having dropped 100 pounds all together. I'm still a few weeks away, probably less than a month, based on my average weight loss. That is a monster milestone!

I'm still working on what to do about the loss of my race in June. I'm still doing ChelanMan in July, but now I'm trying to figure out what (if anything) to do about the loss of that race.

I do wish I lived in a more southern climate right now where there could be a sprint distance race I could do soon just to get a little bit under my belt again.

All in all, not a bad week so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment