Thursday, February 21, 2013

Returning to base course

Not a long entry tonight as I'm pretty tired.

Good core and strength workout tonight with the group. Working out with the group always helps. I actually did better than I had done recently, so that was a nice feeling. My performance in the strength training / core sessions has been getting better. So, that's a good feeling. I know that these strength and core workouts will definitely pay off into the season. And for that matter that they will continue to help drive up my metabolism to shed this weight that I'm still carrying around.

It was really nice getting an spontaneous comment when I was doing a side plank from one of the other athletes on how cool it was that I was all the way up on my side with just my feet on the ground for the whole time. It's really nice what those small comments can do.

My self-confidence is still low, but I've probably bottomed out there and I'm beginning to rebuild it. I hope it's like muscle strength and endurance that you have to break it down and when it comes back it comes back stronger. It also really helps that I have friends all around from my athletic, non-athletic friends, and work that keep providing me little bits of encouragement and strength when I have a week like this.

It's a rest day for me tomorrow which is good. I think that's what I might need to start building back the physical side of me.

Onward and upward. The 408k is just around the corner, the hot chocolate 5k is just before that, and we're picking up steam into the meat of my training and racing season.

No comments:

Post a Comment