Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The mental struggle

I had no doubt ever that the mental struggle of endurance athletics during competition would be something that I had to learn to cope with. However, that doesn't make it any easier when it crops up during training. Although I suppose that is what training is all about.

Today is rough. I'm just feeling like someone needed to get the license plate of the tank that ran me over. I'm exhausted, my body just aches, and I'm feeling really down. I'm not entirely sure why, but I'm sure it has to do with stress going on all around me. As well, I just feel like I didn't have the run I wanted last night. It's weird, since last night I was feeling OK about it, but now I'm not. I can't tell which is the chicken and which is the egg. Part of me thinks it could be I'm being too self-critical because I'm having a rough day - but it could equally be the other way around.

Argh!

I'm going to get on the bike tonight on the trainer and get my workout in and see if this helps. We'll just go forward and see how it goes. I have to push through - the days are dwindling until Miami and I'm not ready. I will be, but I'm not there yet.

Taking a day off just isn't an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment