Thursday, February 14, 2013

Trying for past 90

Workout was a little different tonight. I ended up doing some dedicated stretching and PT work for my ankle and elbow.

Not much for the blog tonight, sorry folks! Long day at work sapped me.

The good news is that the active release therapy made be doing some lasting benefit even after one session on my ankle and piriformis. Walking around without my shoes on was much easier today and I was limping less! I'm still probably, by my eyeballs, only at 90 degrees of flexion, but it felt smoother. The piriformis is still sore from where she worked on it! Ouch!

What I've noticed, as did the therapist, is that my ankle tracks out to the right when I flex my foot straight up. When I really pay attention I can get it to go in a straight line, but if I just let it flow, it doesn't track right. Too much scar tissue that's inflexible. Left side tracks as expected.

Stuff to work on.

It's been a good week so far. Scale looked good for my mid-week check-in, so weight is continuing to fall off! Yay!

New triathlon saddle arrives Saturday! I'm not going to try and break it in for my race Saturday night, but it'll go on soon after that. Speaking of which ... less than 72 hours now until my first triathlon of the season! Excited! I was asking for tips from my coach most of yesterday. :)

Rest day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment