Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Huh... this is unexpected

I'm getting killed by the bike. I was never a super-strong cyclist, but I'm getting destroyed by the bike. I don't get it. My run is improving, yet now my bike is just absolutely awful and I didn't think I was going to have to worry about this - I knew I'd have to train, but now I just don't what's up.

Sorry folks, this is not going to be an uplifting post, I'm not seeing the silver lining tonight.

I can't keep my cadence above 80. When I'm supposed to go maximum effort, I'm nowhere near in my hardest gear. My legs burn out quickly. If I got for a speed cadence drill, I can barely break 100 on the cadence.

I have to average almost 20 mph on the bike for Miami if I'm going to leave myself with enough time on the run and not be a DNF. On the training tonight I can hardly hold 16 mph for any length of time and I'm going to have to do that for three hours.

I got thirty minutes of my one hour bike ride in and I just didn't have it in me.

I'm just going to stop now with this entry as it's just not a happy place tonight.

I suppose this was going to happen, but my spirit is wounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment