Tuesday, February 19, 2013

First hill workout

Whew! That was different, difficult, but I did it.

We did an about two mile run around part of Green Lake and then did hill repeat drills. I've never done that before, that was a new and interesting challenge. As an aside, that's kind of the fun thing about doing this triathlon training with my coach is that I get to try lots of new things, learn lots of new stuff, and all while getting in shape and improving my life. What a wonderful experience, but I digress. (I digress a lot - whoops, I just did it again)

R.I.C.E for the ankle tonight. 
It was a little sore coming back to the start after finishing the hills, nothing to worry about I believe. Just letting me know it was feeling it. Probably the combination of A.R.T. on the ankle and the run was just enough for it.

I also ran with two of my (now) friends from the coaching group - they did an awesome job (as always!) keeping me pushing myself! They both also have the best attitudes and are so much fun to hang out with, so it makes these workouts something to look forward to and to have fun with instead of just being a workout.

Popped on the scale again today and more weight has come off. 
T-19 days to the 408K which will up the longest road race I've done ever (even before I gained weight and had all of the orthopedic issues). Plus I get to run with friends from California that I don't see nearly enough!


No comments:

Post a Comment