Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Wounded buffalo

Uh, oh.

This will be short. I went down in the last 1/4 mile on a tree root and twisted my ankle on the way down.
The important part ... I finished the run.
It wasn't a great run up to that point anyway ... I just didn't have a lot of energy in the tank tonight, but I finished.

I don't think we have any lasting damage, but we will see in the morning. It's under ice, compression, and elevation right now. Yeah, I got the full R.I.C.E. thing going.

All I can say is profuse thanks to Lesley, Jen, Krista, and Tara who took great care of me even when I was losing it for a few minutes because I felt my dreams and hopes slipping away. (Now that I'm out of the moment, I don't think they have). I feel and felt incredibly lucky to have people like these as part of my endeavor as fellow athletes, coaches, or ... I cannot find the words to express the gratitude that I am feeling to each of them.

"It's not how hard you fall that matters; it's how well you rise from the occasion" (Unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment